How to Find a Cosmetic Dentist
Have you recently wanted to make some changes to your smile? Maybe your teeth are stained, or you have a few gaps between teeth you want fixed. Today, there are cosmetic dentistry procedures available to you that may be just the solution you are looking for. It all starts with finding a cosmetic dentists in poulsbo who is a good fit for you. This step may be a bit of a challenge if you don’t know where to start. Below are a few tips to help you find a cosmetic dentist and get a consultation appointment scheduled.
Finding a cosmetic dentist can be challenging due to the fact that cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty. Any dentist can perform cosmetic procedures. Therefore, it is important to take some time researching possible options before you decide, so that you can find a dentist that will provide the best results for you.
The smartest way to go about finding a good cosmetic dentist is to make a list of possible providers. There are several different steps you can take to find names to put on this list.
- Web Search: The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has a search tool on their website to help find cosmetic dentists. Through the directory you are able to search cosmetic dentists in your geographic area and check their credentials. This is a quick first step to not only coming up with a list of names, but confirming their credentials.
- Dental Insurance Provider: Another option that may be more efficient place to start is by checking with your insurance if any cosmetic procedures are covered by your policy. If so, you should start with your provider to create a list of local cosmetic dentists who are covered by your insurance policy.
- Referrals: The safest option may be to reach out to local family, friends, or coworkers for recommendations. Unfortunately, the recommendations from your friends and family may not lead you to dentist who is accepting new patients.
However, asking friends may be a good place to start with creating a list of dentists who your friends and family have trusted.
Picking a good fit for you
Once you have put together a list of nearby dentists you can get started by calling two or three of the clinics to see who is accepting new patients. These phone calls are a good opportunity to ask questions. Here are some things to consider when trying to find a cosmetic dentist who is a good fit for you:
- Quality of care: check out reviews online for dentists in your area to find out who has the highest ratings.
- Training and professional credentials: Remember, any dentist can call themselves a cosmetic dentist. Look into their previous training, experience, and professional credentials.
- Schedule a consultation: Set up a few consultations and take the time to ask questions. Don’t rush through the consultation. Make sure you have clearly communicated your expectations and goals and listen to the dentist’s recommended treatment plan.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : What is Cosmetic Dentistry?