What is the cost of a dental bridge?
Dental bridges poulsbo wa are a popular replacement option for missing teeth. If you have a missing tooth and are looking for a low-risk and affordable replacement option, a bridge may be the right option for you. Designed to “bridge the gap” created by a missing tooth, dental bridges are usually made with an artificial tooth, or a pontic, to fill the gap. Dental bridges can be an effective treatment option to improve the function, feel, and appearance of your smile. If you are considering which tooth replacement option may be best for you, you may want to do some research on dental bridges and what you can expect from the estimated costs.
Expected costs of dental bridges
In general, dental bridges are an affordable tooth replacement option. However, the estimated costs of a dental bridge can vary greatly depending on many factors. The typical costs are estimated to be between $500 to $1,200. Some of the factors that will impact the cost of a dental bridge include:
- The number of teeth being replace: Each tooth being replaced by a dental bridge will need an artificial tooth replacement, or pontic. Each additional pontic will result in additional costs. So for example, two artificial teeth will cost more than one.
- The materials used: Bridges are made from a variety of materials, including ceramic, porcelain, metal, etc. Your dentist will recommend what materials are best for you based on your oral health, and the dental lab they work with. Certain materials used to make bridges will cost more than others. Which materials are used to create your bridge is an important decision, and will impact the overall durability, appearance, and cost of the bridge.
- The bridge construction: In most cases, dental bridges are designed and constructed in a professional dental lab. Your dentist will work with a dental lab they choose to make a bridge that is perfect for your needs. In some rare situations, your dentist may want to construct your bridge in their office, however this is generally less comm and more expensive.
- Fit: One of the biggest factors that will impact the estimated costs of your dental bridge is the amount of work that will be needed to secure the bridge in your mouth. If getting the right fit will require a more intensive procedure to prepare the nearby teeth, the more you should expect the estimated costs to be.
- The dentist’s expertise: The expertise of your dentist is another factor that will likely influence the estimated costs. However, the added expense of more experience will likely result in other benefits, including improved results.
- Geographic location: You may be surprised to hear that the costs of dental care can vary depending on which part of the country you are in. Urban, metropolitan areas are more expensive than other parts of the country.
The first step to getting a good estimate of the cost of a dental bridge is to schedule a visit to your dentist and have a discussion about the best tooth replacement options for you.
More on Dental Bridges : What is a Dental Bridge?