Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Our smiles are a big part of our identity. On a daily basis we are interacting with those around us, greeting each person we meet with our smile. Have you noticed recently that you get self-conscious when you smile? You don’t have to live with this daily insecurity. There are cosmetic dentistry solutions to help enhance your smile and restore your confidence. Poulsbo Cosmetic dentistry is the term used to describe procedures that improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile. Below is more information about some of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures that are available today.
The goal of cosmetic dental procedures is to improve the appearance of the mouth, teeth and smile. In most cases, these procedures are elective and fairly simple. Here are some of the more popular techniques used by cosmetic dentists:
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are prosthetics made in dental labs that are placed directly on the tooth’s surface. Usually made from a composite resin material, inlays and onlays help restore the structure of a decayed tooth.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is when a composite tooth colored putty is applied to the tooth to help repair decay, damage, or discoloration. Your dentist will apply the composite directly onto the tooth's surface and then sculpt the putty into the right shape. Bonding is one of the least expensive procedures used to treat teeth that are decayed, chipped, or cracked.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are custom-made caps designed to be placed on the front of cracked, crooked, or damaged teeth. The most popular veneers are those made from porcelain. Cosmetic dentists will custom-order veneers to be made for the patient, and then when they are ready they will apply the veneers to the front of each tooth using a dental adhesive. Veneers are a costlier cosmetic treatment option, but they are incredibly natural looking and a worthwhile investment for individuals with more severe dental issues.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a basic cosmetic procedure that can be easily performed in a short amount of time at your dentists office. It is normal for teeth to become stained and discolored overtime from food, drinks, or smoking. A professional whitening procedure helps to reverse this staining.
- Implants: Dental implants are a more extensive cosmetic dentist procedure used to replace teeth after they are lost or removed. The implant is custom-made and then installed in the mouth in two procedures. First, the dentist will secure the post, which is a small titanium screw, into the jaw bone. Next, once the jaw bone has healed and the post is secure, the crown can be placed on top of the post. One of the major benefits of investing in an implant is that they look just like the surrounding natural teeth.
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry
Investing in a cosmetic dentistry procedure is more than just improving your appearance, for many people it is about investing in their self-esteem. A simple procedure can increase your confidence in a big way. If you are considering a cosmetic dentistry procedure, you should start by finding a cosmetic dentist who is experienced in performing the procedure you are interested in. Take your time, do the research, and invest in you.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : Finding a Cosmetic Dentist Near Me?