Cosmetic Dentists Near Me
Is there a cosmetic dentistry procedure you have been wanting, but weren’t sure where to go to find a cosmetic dentist? Finding a cosmetic dentist may be an overwhelming task and there are numerous factors to consider when trying to find a cosmetic dentist who is a good fit for you. Below are some of the factors you should take into consideration when working through the process of finding a cosmetic dentist near you.
Before you even sort through the different factors that make a good cosmetic dentist, you may need to start at the very beginning: where to look? There are several different places you can look to find a dentist. The best first step is to make a list of options. Here are the places you can look to create a list of names.
- Web Search: Google or any search engine is a great place to start. If you want to get more specific with your search you can check out the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. This site includes a search tool where you can search for cosmetic dentists in your geographic area.
- Dental Insurance Provider: A more efficient place to start may be by going through your dental insurance provider. Are cosmetic procedures covered by your policy? If they are, you should start with searching for local cosmetic dentists who are covered by your insurance provider.
- Referrals: As always, referrals go a long way. Reach out to local family, friends, or coworkers and ask for their recommendations on dentists who perform cosmetic procedures.
Picking a good fit for you
The truth is really any dentist can perform cosmetic procedures. Once you have a list of dentists in your area there are some factors you should consider before making your pick. Here are some things to consider:
- Training: Beyond traditional dental school training, postgraduate courses are available to provide additional training in cosmetic procedures. You should inquire if your potential providers have completed additional training in cosmetic procedures.
- Payment Options: If your insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures, investigate if your potential dentist accepts credit cards or offers payment plans.
- Scheduling: Do the dental clinics hours work with your schedule? Do they have an appointment available in the near future? If you need follow-up will you be able to get in within a reasonable amount of time?
- Technology: It may be worthwhile to do some research on the procedures you are interested in. Are there different approaches? Does your potential dentist use the modern approaches with advanced technology?
- Before & After Photos: Experienced cosmetic dentist should have a gallery of before-and-after cases for your review. Ask the dentist to show you some examples of the procedures they are planning to perform on you.
It is important to really weigh all of the factors that are important to you when searching for a cosmetic dentist. Don't let just anyone work on your teeth. Once you find a dentist that seems like they may be a good fit, schedule a consultation. This consultation is a great opportunity to sit down and explain your goals and get a feel for their treatment style.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?