How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost?
Have you heard of cosmetic dentist in poulsbo wa, but you are not quite sure what it is? In most cases, cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental work that’s purpose is to improve or enhance the appearance of a smile. This work usually includes techniques that focus on improving the color, position, shape, size, and alignment of teeth. It may seem like a luxury to get dental work that’s purpose is to improve the look of your smile. But, you may be surprised to find out that the cosmetic dental procedure you are interested in may be affordable to you. Below is more information to help you get a better idea of the expected costs of cosmetic dentistry today.
Expected Cost by Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure
Across the country, cosmetic dentistry costs can vary widely. The costs can be estimated based on the specific cosmetic procedure. For example, a professional teeth whitening will not cost the same as getting porcelain veneers. Here are the estimated costs for a few of the more popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth whitening: If you have badly stained teeth or are unhappy with the color variation in your teeth you may be interested in getting a professional whitening. Teeth whitening is a simple and relatively low-cost way to enhance the appearance of your smile. If you go to a dentist to get your teeth professional whitened, you may expect to pay between $200 and $600.
- Porcelain crowns: Often called caps, crowns are designed to fit over the surface of a tooth. Crowns are used to fix issues with tooth shape, size, or appearance. Porcelain crowns can also help restore the strength of a broken or fractured tooth. The cost of a crown will vary depending on the material it is made of, but the estimated costs are between $700 to $3000 for each crown.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain covers that are secured on the front of teeth. Because veneers are a custom and more permanent solution the procedure can be costly, approximated up to $700-$3,000 per tooth.
- Tooth color bonding: dental bonding is when a tooth-colored material is applied to the tooth and then shaped and polished to improve the tooth’s appearance. Bonding is used to repair chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth. A dental bonding can be an efficient and affordable solution to a problem tooth. In general, boding can cost an estimated $150 to $600 per tooth.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are a tooth replacement option where a metal post is placed securely into the jaw bone. Once the jawbone heals, and the metal post is secure, it provides the stable foundation for a porcelain replacement tooth. Implants can be a great option when a decaying or diseased tooth needs to be removed and replaced. Because it is a permanent fix, implants are an investment and are estimated to cost between $1,500 to $6,000.
Dental Insurance coverage of Cosmetic Dentistry
Most dental insurance policies focus on covering the cost of oral health care needs and preventive services. However, some policies do cover some cosmetic procedures, including porcelain crowns and veneers. The best way to determine if you can afford the cosmetic procedure you are interested in is to contact your dental insurance company and ask. Additionally, many dental offices offer payment options to help cover the costs
of cosmetic dental procedures.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : Finding the Right Cosmetic Dentist for You!